Friday, August 1, 2008

Premenopause

or as I like to think of it...the crazy times.

I have a book called The Complete Book of Running for Women. There is a list in the book titled "Signs of Menopause". There are 34 symptoms listed. Over the past few years I've had 19 of the symptoms at one time or another. Some are continuing bothers.

The one I'm dealing with lately is not sleeping through the night. It is as if my sleep button gets turned to the off position around 3:30am. If I were worrying about something specific I could understand, but I am not worrying over anything. So I am awake, laying there, eyes wide open trying to will my body and mind back to sleep. This is not a good thing on the nights before I have to be at the gym, ready to teach a class at 6am. Last night was one of those nights. Constantly looking at the clock. Thinking, "you have to get up at 4:45am, what is wrong with you?" Of course I did finally doze off and before I knew it the alarm was going off. Sigh.

There is no end in sight at the moment. This could go on for many more years. Guess I'll get use to it. Then maybe another symptom will appear. Let's hope it is not night sweats!!

0 comments: